JS1547A - Textile
Cloth fragments: cotton w/ 3 copper alloy rectangular buckle pieces from trousers/overalls. Buckle marked: SOLIDE on one side of middle bar and PARIS on the other.
Site Area Code Local
Registration Number 1547
James Service was built at Glasgow in Scotland by Dobie and Co. and launched in October 1869. It had a clinker plated hull, two decks, a round stern, one bulkhead and a demi figurehead of a man. It had a raised quarterdeck 4.3 m long, and a forecastle 5.8 m in length and had been cemented. The owners were Archibald Currie & Co. of Melbourne, who used it in trading between Melbourne and...
Continue reading about the James Service